Ribbit IV is the first map of the game, unlocked by default at Level 1.
Originally the planet was completely covered with swamps and forests, and inhabited by a frog-like species known as Amphibians and Higher Amphibians.
Over time, the frogs moved out of the swamp and started building large cities.
Now, only a small nature reserve remains. The rich Solar veins under the reserve have attracted the war, putting the last vegetation and wildlife in peril.
Drop pod path
Tips and Tricks
- Depending on the 'Naut you are playing as, using the Boosters at the bottom middle of the map and attacking mid-flight will allow you to kill a Creep and gain some health.
- Placing traps, such as Mines, on the top lane Platforms is an effective tactic, as enemy 'Nauts who use the Boosters at the bottom can easily get hit at the top of their flight.
- An Aggressive Acid spit placed in the middle of the top lane will drip all the way down to the bottom boosters, allowing Gnaw to control a large portion of the map.
- When play as or against a Clunk, be mindful of the bottom lane boosters, as he can charge up Self-Destruct, bounce up and surprise everyone in the top lane!
- This is the home planet of Froggy G, making him one of the few 'Nauts that fights on his own planet.
- The name may be a play on Tallon IV from Metroid Prime, which also featured a swamp like area where Samus Aran landed her ship near the beginning of her mission.
- The critters and boss beast share passing similarities with the bipedal predetary Sheegoth from this game whom also appeared in different stages of maturity, though have one eye instead of six.