- When playing as Skølldir, learning to time your 3rd punch is vital as some of the Bash upgrades will only affect it.
- When using Perfumed White Flowers, try to kill creeps with the 3rd hit from bash so you can recover more health than you normally would.
- Skølldir may use Earthquake from a high place to quickly "drop" in front of enemies, often surprising them.
- If you see an enemy jumping, try timing your Earthquake so it hits them on their way down.
- With the right upgrades, Skølldir can make his Earthquake very hard to escape from. Stolen Couch, Stone Twins and Small Volcano all help him accomplish that.
- Every one of Skølldir's abilities have at least one form of crowd control available. WIth the right build he can become a powerful disruptor.
- Homeless Gnome can be useful to attack turrets or the Solar drill from a safe distance, making it a somewhat effective weapon against structures.
- Baby Kuri Mammoth does not reduce the effect of Mighty Throw, but will work against Rubber Ducky Choker.
- Skølldir is a very dangerous 'naut at close range. Try poking him if you have more range than him or use some form of crowd control before approaching him.
- A Skølldir that uses Perfumed White Flowers can be very hard to bring down, specially when paired with Med-i'-can, Power Pills Turbo and Oily Spray on Bronze. Avoid the 3rd hit from bash at all costs.
- Possibly the best way to deal with a Skølldir is to be above or below him, as he has trouble dealing with enemies in a different vertical plane. Characters like Lonestar and Vinnie & Spike are good examples of 'nauts that can do this.
- Some Skølldirs prefer to delay Earthquake in favor of Mighty Throw and Bash upgrades. They can have trouble defending their turrets from many droids at once in this case. Upgrades such as the T-800 Dome and The Last Pieridae Transformae may make defending the turret even harder.